Camp Cox in Fort Mill, SCCommunity Profile
Because of its close proximity to the North Carolina border, Fort Mill, South Carolina, provides homeowners with the best of two worlds: South Carolina’s leisurely suburbs and Charlotte’s big-city features. And for those who are looking for that balance of small-town life and urban bustle, the Camp Cox community is an especially worthy location to scout.
In fact, the sprawling Camp Cox area literally butts up against the state line, and then stretches down across Fort Mill and toward the Indian Land area. It is a very short drive from such prestigious Charlotte suburbs as Ballantyne and Pineville, too.
In short: It’s central to many of the places that make Charlotte and Fort Mill so unique and so appealing. So if this is the area you’re looking to call home, be sure you look in Camp Cox!
Homes in Camp Cox
There are plenty of housing opportunities in Camp Cox, but there are also a few things you should know before planning your move:
- This is a relatively affluent part of South Carolina, so the homes tend to be above average in their price—though not excessively or extravagantly so.
- This is truly a suburban area, in terms of population density, which is exactly what many families are looking for—especially with Charlotte’s metropolitan features so close by.
- Homes in the area primarily consist of medium and large-sized properties, which means roughly three to five bedrooms.
- The real estate market is pretty healthy here and there are enough vacancies that most families should have little trouble finding a home to call theirs!
- Camp Cox is probably not a good place for those seeking vintage homes; most of the properties were built after 1999, so the area definitely has a modern feel to it.
Living in Fort Mill
Camp Cox’s unique features aside, there is plenty to love about life in Fort Mill. It has a cute downtown area, several lovely parks and playgrounds, and activities scheduled throughout the year. And again, it is not far at all from the big sprawl of Charlotte, to say nothing of the popular Carowinds amusement park.
Families who live in Fort Mill tend to love it—and perhaps yours will, too. The only way to find out is to come down and scout some homes, perhaps starting with the lovely properties in Camp Cox!