Choosing a new place to live can be tough. You don’t want to buy a home just anywhere. Factors such as safety, affordability, quality schools, transportation, and recreation can all be key things to consider. These are many of the reasons why Fort Mill, South Carolina is an amazing place to call home and worth looking into if you’re moving to the area. Here are just a few things that make Fort Mill SC is a Great Place to Call Home :
- It’s close to Charlotte, North Carolina, yet far enough away to avoid the busy city feel. Hop on I-77 and you can be in uptown Charlotte in a little over half an hour enjoying all that the city has to offer, yet when you return to Fort Mill, you’re back to more laid back suburban living.
- Charlotte is home to many major banks and businesses, so many commuters call Fort Mill home. It’s also close to the airport making travel for business or pleasure more convenient.
- The housing market is booming and there are plenty of new homes, townhouses, and apartments popping up. Whatever you are looking for in your new home, odds are you can find it here. There are also plenty of retail stores, restaurants, and businesses nearby, so you don’t have to go far to find what you need.
- The Fort Mill school district is continually ranked highly in the state making it a wonderful place to send your children. In addition, there are also private school options as well as quality child development centers.
- Fort Mill is not only close to Charlotte, it is also not far from the coast. You can be in Wilmington, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, or Savannah in just a few hours. It’s also only about an hour outside of Columbia, SC, which is home to the Riverbanks Zoo.
- The weather is beautiful most of the year. There are four seasons, but Fort Mill rarely sees much snow. Spring and autumn are rather temperate meaning outdoor dining and recreational activities are abundant.
- The Fort Mill area ranks about average as far as cost of living and affordability; you can find neighborhoods in a variety of price ranges, and retailers and service providers remain competitive with one another. One advantage is that South Carolina’s gas tax is fairly low, so you’ll pay less than if you lived across the border in North Carolina.
Come see for yourself what makes Fort Mill a fantastic place to live for young and old alike. There are many quaint neighborhoods filled with Southern hospitality and charm, yet it keeps pace with up-and-coming trends and businesses meaning there is plenty to keep you and your family busy. Whether you want to check out the nightlife in nearby Charlotte or prefer to spend the day at Lake Wylie, Fort Mill has it all.