Whether you’re moving by choice or relocating for a job, Charlotte, North Carolina, is a great place to put down roots. Although it is a southern city, its population is a melting pot of people from all around the world. You’ll meet some people who were born and raised in the area and plenty of others who were drawn to the city for its many charms. With a little bit of research, you’re sure to find an HOA community that fits your needs and lifestyle. Here are just a few of the things that make Charlotte, NC such a great place to live:
- Gorgeous Weather. Charlotte does experience all four seasons, but not to the extremes that other cities do. The cold weather only lasts for a short time and snowfall – if any – is minimal and melts quickly. The fall and spring are temperate and by midday jackets are hardly needed. The summer is warm and sunny, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors or go for a swim.
- Big City Charm, Small City Feel. Although Charlotte boasts features of a big city – and is a major business hub – it doesn’t feel crowded and chaotic. Traffic is nothing like that of cities such as New York or Atlanta, and the light rail is cleaner and more reliable than typical subway systems. You’ll find a diverse assortment of restaurants and retailers to meet your every need without having to travel very far. There are skyscrapers in center city, but then things become more sprawled out as you reach the suburbs.
- Business Hub. There are many major businesses headquartered in Charlotte and there is an international airport based here as well. The financial industry is well represented with Bank of America and Wells Fargo, but Duke Energy, Family Dollar, SPX, Lowe’s, Belk, and Chiquita Brands International are other companies worth mentioning.
- A Plethora of Attractions. Whether you’re a fan of the great outdoors, sports, or entertainment, Charlotte’s got you covered. It is home to the Whitewater Center, the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets, the NASCAR Hall of Fame (and nearby speedway), Carowinds amusement park, plenty of museums, and venues for entertainers big and small. You will not be at a loss for things to do.
- Diverse Communities. If you love the city life, you can find great apartments, condos, and townhomes in the heart of uptown. You can also shift just outside of the city and find plenty of quaint neighborhoods that cater to all different types of lifestyles. For instance, South End is a little more upscale while NoDa is more artsy. There are plenty of places to explore and people to meet.
Added perks: The cost of living in Charlotte is lower than other major cities, and gas is on the cheaper end as well, especially if you head just over the border into South Carolina. You’re also just a few hours from the beautiful mountains or the relaxing beach. Charlotte is situated convenient to many major highways which makes travel easily accessible, but there are also plenty of back roads to get wherever you need to be.
Kuester Management Group helps manage numerous HOA communities in Charlotte and surrounding areas, making it even easier to find an amazing neighborhood that you’re happy to call home. We pride ourselves on supporting local communities and providing a wide range of services to make HOA living even more enjoyable.