Does your HOA community truly need a property management company? Maybe you’ve functioned for a good long while without one and feel as though you can make it just fine for the foreseeable future. It may well be true that you’re able to keep the HOA up and running without the help of a management company—but that’s not really the question. The question is, is your HOA functioning as well as it would with professional guidance? For that matter, could the work of the HOA Board be more fruitful and productive if it was guided by a professional manager? Could it be a little easier? Could your HOA be doing better financially?
The simple truth is that a professional management company can work closely with your HOA community, collaborating with the Board on a number of projects—not seizing control and not changing the character of the Association, but simply making things more efficient, making HOA life more pleasant and rewarding for everyone.
Consider just five ways in which a management company might assist your HOA:
- A professional manager can work with your Board on understanding the law—on really grasping what the HOA can and cannot do, legally. HOA laws tend to be complex, and a management company will save your Board from having to understand them intimately and thoroughly. For that matter, the HOA management company can advise and assist you should you find yourself embroiled in a lawsuit.
- A management company can work with your HOA to conduct a reserve study—ensuring that an accurate understanding of the community’s financial status is reached, and the groundwork laid for a steady and secure future.
- If there are Covenants or Bylaws that the members of your community wish to change, the management company can help you change them—legally and effectively!
- Should an unexpected maintenance need arise, your management company can work with you to ensure the proper funding to take care of it.
- Finally, your management company can help the Board to run effective and productive meetings—keeping them as short, as peaceful, and as action-oriented as possible!
To learn more about what an HOA management company can bring to the table, we urge you to contact Kuester Management Group today!